- Application Deadline:
- The application deadline is May 15th for the Fall term and September 1st for the Spring term. Applications received after these deadlines will be reviewed for the next available semester.
- Applications for admission to the Ph.D. degree program
are evaluated by the faculty of the Department of
Pharmaceutical Sciences. The recommendations of the faculty
are forwarded to the Director of Graduate Programs who makes
the final decision. Minimum expectations for consideration
for admission into the Ph.D. program include the following:
- a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Biology or
an equivalent degree in a related area, or a Pharm.D. degree
- a minimum GPA of 3.0 based on a 4.0 scale
- a minimum GRE score of 1000 (composite of verbal and quantitative sections) if taken prior to August 1, 2011; a minimum score of 305 if GRE taken after August 1, 2011
- for an applicant from a country where the primary language is other than English, a minimum TOEFL score of 100 on the internet-based test (IBT).
- International applicants must also meet additional
requirements regarding foreign course evaluations (choose
link for more details).
- Application Process
- Application for admission must be made on forms that
may be obtained from the Department of Pharmaceutical
Sciences or the Department's
An application cannot be given final consideration until
all required components have been received. A complete
application consists of the following:
- A nonrefundable $25 application fee, the
application form and additional information
requested on the application form.
- Official transcripts. An official transcript is
one that has been issued by an institution and
received by the Department in an envelope sealed by
the issuing institution. The transcript will contain
the official school seal or stamp and the signature
of the Registrar. You are required to submit one
separate official transcript from each college or
university you have previously attended or are
currently attending. Faxed documents are not
accepted as official.
- Official report of GRE scores. Please use
Institution Code 5623.
- Official report of TOEFL scores, if required.
Please use Institution Code 5623. International
applicants must also meet additional requirements
regarding foreign course evaluations (choose this
link for more details).
- Recommendations on the supplied
forms from three persons who are able to judge the
applicant's accomplishments and academic ability.
Recommendation forms should be sent directly to the
Director of Graduate Programs.